Saturday, 16 May 2009

Old Gem's


I was back at Peter's house a while back (Father) and I found a gem! An old 7000 Minolta SLR camera purchased by my Dad back in 1989, when i was a wee pup. Now, I know nothing about camera's as I have grown up with digital, take, upload and go. However, I set my self a goal to learn and appreciate this old craft of film and processing... I've processed an album already whilst in Dubai and the shots were grand, nice and grainy.  Now I'm experimenting with different ISO films (currently, if you must know, an Ilford XP2 super 400ISO) 

The slides above were created on such camera, bit shit quality but you get the idea.

I guess this is a bit of a reaction against the facebook generation, where the majority of pictures seem to be of people doing the same boring snaps of each other smiling in different locations and outfits. Like I wrote in an earlier post, photography is not fun at the moment. Camera's with film are great, they are authentic and unaltered, they are moments captured that are only revisited when the film is developed.... none of this "delete! i look like i have down's syndrome" before going through various photoshopping methods to make us all look like Paris Hilton. 

So yeh, I digress. Stop being so snap happy and enjoy taking photos yeh? There's no better feeling than the trickle of wee you get from the heart racing excitement of collecting your freshly developed snaps. Try it, its a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment